DRAWING OF JOKER
- POINTS FOR CONSIDERATION
- Joker will be drawn by the person sitting on the left of the dealer.
- It is obligatory for the dealer to expose the top card, shuffle the entire balance of the pack and hand over to the player on his left to draw the joker.
- The Joker will be top card of the lower cut part of the pack.
- Draw of Joker must be a clean cut and have at least 7 (Seven) cards below or above it.
- If a player who has to take out Joker is absent his cards will be mixed and kept at the bottom of the pack and the player next on the left will draw the Joker.
- PICKING WRONG CARDS
If during the deal or at the end of the deal, any player picks wrong cards and sees three or more cards his own hand will be considered as 'Dead Hand' and the player can not enter that game. The players can neither claim any value nor be made to pay for the same.
- SEEING TOP OR THE BOTTOM CARD UNNECESSARILY
No player including those who have packed should see the top card. Only after a successful declaration has been made could the top card be seen by any player.
- DISCARD OF JOKER/ VALUE CARD
Joker or Value card discarded by a player can be used as a natural card by the next player. It can not be used as a Joker or claimed as a value card.
- UNPICKED JOKER/ VALUE CARDS
If a player does not take the open card which is either a Joker or a value card and packs, the next player can use it as a natural card for making a sequence or trio or tanala only, and cannot use it to increase his values or number of Jokers.
- TOUCHING TOP CARD
A player touching the top card with the intention of picking but has not raised it from the table will be deemed to have been picked it. The player will be obliged to pick the same and will not have an option to pick the discarded card.
- TOUCHING/MOVING THE THROWN CARD
When a player touches/moves the thrown card towards him/her with the intention of picking/seeing it but does not raise it from the table, he/she will have the option of picking it or taking the top cards from the pack.
- PICKING /SEEING THE TOP CARD OUT OF TURN/PLAYING OUT OF TURN
It the player picks or sees the top card out of rotation/turn and it is pointed out by other players; he/she would pay for the mid pack and not participate in that game any further, the player can, however, claim all his value cards. If the player whose turn it was in the normal course declares the hand, the defaulter would pay for the full hand if it has more than mid / pack count. The player who has missed his turn can take the open card or the next card from the pack. If the player next to the defaulter has also played then the defaulter need not mid pack and the player who has missed his turn can enter the game in the next round in his own turn.
- HOLDING OF CARDS
Cards should be held in such a manner that they should not be seen by others.
- SEEING OTHER CARDS
Non player/packers should avoid seeing others cards. If they must, then they should keep mum and should not give any indication or suggestions, whatsoever, in any manner to the playing members. If the packer at any time indicates to the declarer / player of the value / over looked values by him/her in counting, other player(s) may refuse to pay such values, and the declarer / player may claim loss from such a player.
- EXPOSURE OF CARDS
If, during the deal, two cards get exposed of the same player then the hand will be re-dealt.
- Initial packing/mid packing will be valid only on the turn of the player. The packer will announce clearly pack & place his/her cards on the table to give a clear indication.
- Initial pack is admissible only upto the value of two value cards i.e. max. of 5 pts. For mid pack, there is no restriction on the value cards.
- The Packer must claim values before the next player starts playing. Values can not be claimed there after.
- Initial pack with value of more then two value cards, if made by mistake, can not be claimed latter.
- EXPOSING OF CARDS
Player must control their excitement and refrain form exposing / disclosing their cards at any stage during the game. If any player discloses or exposes while the hand is being played, his/ her hand will be considered as mid pack.
- PULLING MORE THAN ONE CARDS
If a player pulls or sees more than one card, he/she will keep the lower cards on the pack if not seen by him/her or others and if seen it will be kept on the discarded pack and the player next, whose turn it is to play, will have the choice out of the three i.e. two Discards & the card from the top of the pack. If such card happens to be a value card the next player whose turn is to pick can claim the same.
- PICKED CARDS
Picked table card cannot be discarded in the same turn.
A hand is deemed to have been made in the following circumstances:-
- Three pure sequences and other cards in sequences or sets. A Tannala or marriage is a pure sequence.
- Three Tannalas.
- Eight duplicates (Seven duplicates hand is free).
- Eight Jockers (Seven Jocker hand is free).
Three cards comprising titloo paploo & Nichloo make a marriage and carries a value of 10 pts (Ten pts)
- DECLARATION PROCEDURE
- Clearly announces declared.
- Closes the 22nd card on the table.
- Lays down or opens the declared hand sequence wise.
- Places three or more cards (face up) on the table with the clear intention of declaring the hand.
- The 22nd card closed by the declarer, It can not be picked up to re-arrange his/her hand. If still the rummy is not made, the 22nd card will be discarded and is available to the next player.
- HAND RUMMY
In case of a hand rummy the declarer is obliged to close with the 22nd card which may be picked from the top of the pack. Even with eight Jokers or eight duplicates the declarer must close the hand with the 22nd card. Otherwise, it will be takenas wrong declaration.
- WRONG DECLARATION
In case of a wrong declaration, the 22nd card will be offered to the next player. If the wrong declaration goes un-noticed and all playing members have kept three or more cards on the Table (exposed) the declaration will be deemed to be wrong declaration and only the difference in value wil be exchanged. If only one player has not kept his/her cards, the declaration will go to such a person. However, if more than one player has not kept his cards, then the game will continue and all those who have kept their cards will pay as mid-pack or actual count which ever is more.
- PENALTY FOR WRONG DECLARATION
The person Declaring wrong will pay as if it is for a mid pack or actual count which ever is more. However, all values in the hand will be paid.
- CONTINUATION AFTER ALL CARDS PLAYED
If no player declares and the playable pack is exhausted the game will continue. The thrown or discarded cards except the last card and the values, if thrown, will be shuffled and after a cut by the player on the dealers right, the game will continue. If the cards are again exhausted the game will discontinue and only values paid to each others.
- COUNTING OF POINTS
Points will be counted as follows:-
- Tens picture cards and aces are one large point (10 pts) each.
- Points are counted according to the actual denomination of each card. Only unmade cards are counted.
- Tannalas, Jockers, Sequences of three cards and more are not counted.
- In a hand with three sequences or more only, unmade cards are counted. Sets are not counted.
- To avoid ambiguity in counting it has been decided to count a full hand as maximum of 14 Pts.
- Count upto 5 is ignored and six and more is counted as one large point as such a count of 16 will be 2 pts.
- Counting is done on the basis of single point. These are then converted into large points and rounded off for payment. Say a count of 85 pts will be eight large points & 86 will be nine large points.
Kitty set of 100 points has been prepared and kept in small pack. Each player will take one set from the box which consists of the following denomination of counters:-
After loosing/ exhausting a kitty, players will buy further counters from other members playing on the same tables. At the time of leaving the table, when the game is still in progress players will buy back the kitty in the same form as when they entered the game. All players are responsible to leave the kitty set in the box.
- One counter of 50 large pts = 50. (Purple)
- Four counters of 10 large pts = 40. (Yellow)
- One counter of 5 large pts = 05. (Green)
- Fiver counter of 1 large pts = 05. (Red)
- PAYMENT NORMS (SINGLE COUNT)
Following are the payment norms:-
- Initial pack - 3 pts.
- Mid pack - 6 pts.
- Full hand - 12 pts or actual count which ever is less.
- Wrong declaration - 6 pts or actual hand which ever is more.
- PAYMENT NORMS FOR DOUBLE COUNT
- Initial Point -3 Pts
- Mid Pack - 9 Pts
- Full Hand - 24 Pts or double of the actual count which ever is less.
- Wrong declaration -9 Pts or double of the actual hand which ever is more.
- COUNTING OF VALUES
- Titloo - 2 pts for single and 5 points for two
- Papploo - 2 pts for single 5 pts for two & 10 pts for three.
- Nichloo - 2 pts for single 5 pts for two and 10 pts for three
- Opposite Joker - 2 pts for single 5s pts for two and 10 pts for three.
- Marriage (Nichlu+Titilu+Paploo) = 10 Pts
- Double Marriage = 25 Pts.
The maximum stakes allowed are 10 paisa per straight pts or 1 Rupee per large point up to 7 PM, there after with the consent of all players the stakes can be increase up to 20 paisa per straight pt or 2 rupees per large point. In no case the stakes will be increased by the players even with mutual consent except with the permission of the Executive Committee.
- Ace of Spade and Ace of Joker suit.
NOTE: In case the Joker is also of the Spade suit the value of the Ace of Spade will be doubled to 4, 10, 20 points respectively.
- One ace -02 pts
- Two ace -05 pts
- Three aces -10 pts
- Two of Clubs.
- One card -02 pts
- Two cards -05 pts
- Three cards -10 pts
- One set -5 pts
- Two sets -10 pts
- Three sets -20 pts
- Talia Malia. i.e titlu & exposed card
NOTE: The values, enumerated above, are dealt values and must be claimed before entering the game.
- Two sets -10 pts
- PAYMENT PROCEDURE
First the declarer gets his dues from every player starting from the player on his/her left and then going around. The other players should exchange their dues after the declarer has collected his All payments should be settled before the next deal.
- PLACING OF CARDS BY PLAYERS
The declarer should keep his/her 21 cards in such a manner that other players can see his/her cards clearly. After other players are satisfied, only then the declarer should announce his total values.
Other players should lay their made and unmade cards separately to enable the declarer to check its correctness. No player should disturb or mix the cards till the declarer is satisfied. The declarer has the right to check and verify the hand and its count without any ill will to anyone.
- WRONG COUNTING
All players should count their hand carefully and correctly. In case declarer feels that the points have been incorrectly counted he should ask the player to “Please recheck your points'. Any wrong counting will attract a penalty of ten large points plus the actual hand. The onus lies up on the declarer to claim the penalty points.
- CLAIMING OF VALUES
All players should count their values carefully and correctly. No other player/spectator should assist in doing the same. If the packer /any other player at any time indicates to the declarer / player of the value / over looked values by him/her in counting, other player(s) may refuse to pay such values, and the declarer / player may claim loss from such a player.
- RIGHT TO POINT OUT DISCREPANCY
Any player on the table has a right to point out a discrepancy. No outsider has a right to point out any discrepancy. No congnisance will be given in case he/she does so.
- KITTY CHECK
All players should get their kitty checked at the time of joining or at the time of leaving the table. Any discrepancy found later in the counter at the end of the game will be shared by all players present at that time. Those who have left will not be penalized.
- PRIVATE SIDE BETTING
No private system of betting is permitted on the table.
- GOOD WILL
No private arrangement such as 'Good Will Payment', 'Refund for value kitty' forming or concessional payment are admissible. The only permissible arrangements are collection of kitty for refreshments. In certain contingencies, when there are such players on the same table, having any sort of 'Good Will' arrangements and in case they are the only one left in the game, they are bound to declare their values before continuing with the game further. In case they do not do so they will not be entitled to collect any value at all.
- RUBBING THE JOKER
Once the Joker is taken out. Rubbing of own cards with the Joker is not permissible. Picking the card from the pack and rubbing with the Joker and mixing with own card is not allowed.