MEMORANDUM OF ASSOCIATION
- The name of the Society is "THE SHIMLA AMATEUR DRAMATIC CLUB", which is registered under the Societies Registration Act 1860 and is now deemed to be registered under the H.P. Societies Registration Act 2006.
- The registered office of the Society will be situated at Shimla, Himachal Pradesh.
- The objects for which the society is established are as under:-
- To promote art, culture and encourage the study of dramatics.
- To provide dramatic representation and other entertainment as a means of instruction and amusement.
- The formation of and maintenance of dramatics library.
- From time to time, devote any surplus profits, that may remain after paying all necessary expenses and providing a reserve of properties and funds to meet contingencies that may happen to assist any charities & towards welfare of civil population & troops, which the governing body may consider deserving of such assistance.
- The acquisition by taking on lease or by purchase or otherwise of buildings and other properties movable or immovable, and the letting, resale, surrender or other disposal of any such property.
- To invest in and to deal with the money of the Club, not immediately required, in such securities and in such manner as may from time to time be determined.
- To borrow or raise money by the issue of Debentures or otherwise or by the mortgage or change of all or any part of the property of the Club.
- The doing of all such other things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of all or any of the above objects.
- Organize at least 3 plays in one year for which purpose Gaiety Theatre Hall or the Multipurpose Hall shall be made available free of cost by the Gaiety Theatre, The Mall, Shimla, through the Director Language, Art & Culture Department, H.P. For this, the above mentioned halls will be made available for a minimum period of one week during the scheduled time of play. In addition to the above, the rehearsal rooms (made for the purpose), shall be made available for one month prior to the staging of each play and for its actual dates or performance.
- To grant ex-officio membership to the Principal Secretary of the Department of Language, Art and Culture, Govt. of H.P. for the duration of his tenure only and till such time he is holding such post and also to such official or person, who in the opinion of the Executive Committee would be of benefit to the activities and advancement of the Club for such period as the Executive Committee deems fit.
- May grant Tenure Membership to six officers of the rank of Principal secretary and above for the duration of their tenure, as per names provided by Secy Language, Art & Culture, Govt of H.P.
- To engage in activities for the entertainment & fellowship of the members.